Could your nighttime snoring be trying to tell you more?
Does your partner or a member of your family tell you that you snore like a freight train? It might sound amusing at first, but your snoring habit could actually be trying to tell you that you have sleep apnea. Lucky for you, our very own dentists at Eagle Rock Family Dentistry, Drs. R.K. and Chethan Chetty, can actually help reduce your sleep apnea symptoms.
If you think you may have sleep apnea, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you snore so loudly that other people in your family have complained or you’ve woken yourself up?
- Do you wake suddenly throughout the night feeling short of breath or gasping for air?
- Do you experience extreme exhaustion all day long no matter how long you’ve slept?
- Do you find yourself being more irritable and experiencing more mood swings?
- Do you find yourself having difficulty concentrating?
- Do you experience frequent morning headaches?
If you’ve said “yes” to some of these questions, it’s a good idea to have a discussion with Drs. Chetty about your sleep health. We can work with your medical team to create a treatment plan that helps you. Not everyone wants to use CPAP equipment and some patients find that it’s actually ineffective. That’s where we come in.
If you have mild to moderate forms of obstructive sleep apnea and want an easy way to ease your symptoms, oral appliance therapy might be right for you. This custom-fitted mouth guard is worn while you sleep to position the jaw to help open up the airways and keep them open as you sleep. Not only will this reduce and even eliminate your snoring but it can also improve symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea.
If you are a current sleep apnea sufferer who is looking for a new, easy way to reduce your symptoms then it might be time to call Eagle Rock Family Dentistry in Los Angeles and find out if oral appliance therapy is right for you.