Dental Cosmetics Los Angeles, CA
While most people are not born with a perfect smile, cosmetic dentistry advancements can help people get the beautiful smiles they have always wanted. These procedures can correct discolored, chipped, misaligned, or otherwise imperfect-looking teeth. Patients can choose from various techniques to restore and enhance their teeth, gums, or overall smile.
These procedures can help anyone who wants to improve the appearance of their smile. Dental cosmetics can help you enjoy the confidence and freedom to smile freely. Our team at Eagle Rock Family Dentistry provides cosmetic dental services in Los Angeles and the surrounding area. Call us at (323) 621-3100 to schedule an appointment and learn more.
What to Know About Dental Cosmetics
Cosmetic dentists work to improve the smile’s appearance rather than focusing solely on dental health as a general dentist does. However, cosmetic dentistry is not considered a separate specialty by the American Dental Association. All cosmetic dentists have trained as general dentists, while some may have completed additional training as prosthodontists or orthodontists.
Although many cosmetic dentistry options are available, people should choose the right one based on their current situation and goals. It is also essential to conduct thorough research and have realistic expectations. People interested in receiving treatment should understand the benefits, risks, and costs of any procedure before deciding. Speak with a cosmetic dentist for more information and guidance on which services may offer the best outcomes.
“Cosmetic dentists work to improve the smile’s appearance rather than focusing solely on dental health as a general dentist does.”
Dental Cosmetics Restorative Options
Many cosmetic procedures are considered restorative as well. Restorative procedures replace damaged or missing teeth and are more aimed at improving function and oral health. These options aim to return a smile to its former form and function and prevent future oral problems. Some popular restorative procedures that also improve teeth cosmetically are:
- Bonding: This procedure involves using tooth-colored resin to repair a damaged tooth. Bonding corrects decayed, damaged, or misshapen teeth. It provides cosmetic and functional restoration for minor damage.
- Crowns: These tooth-shaped caps fit over a damaged tooth. They imitate the size, shape, strength, and appearance of natural teeth. Crowns can also cover implants or anchors for bridges.
- Implants: An implant replaces the root of a tooth. It may hold a crown or dentures in place. Dental implants are a permanent and robust replacement for missing teeth.
“Cosmetic dentists can perform procedures that serve restorative as well as aesthetic purposes.”
Exclusively Cosmetic Procedures
Other dental cosmetic procedures serve purely cosmetic purposes. Cosmetic dentistry continues to empower people to improve their smiles. Some common purely cosmetic procedures include:
- Enamel Shaping: A cosmetic dentist can shape the enamel to improve its appearance. People with crooked, overlapping, irregular, or damaged teeth will often get enamel shaping. Patients will commonly combine enamel shaping with other treatments like bonding.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth become stained over time from consuming foods and drinks, smoking, or taking certain medications. People can choose between getting teeth whitening under the supervision of a dental professional or at home using less effective over-the-counter products. Some professional teeth whitening options are tray-based tooth whiteners and in-office bleaching.
- Veneers: When getting a veneer, a patient will have a small amount of enamel shaved down to improve the tooth’s appearance. A wafer-thin ceramic shell replaces the shaved enamel. A bonding material then attaches the ceramic shell to the tooth and allows normal tooth function.
“Cosmetic dentistry continues to empower people to improve their smiles.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Cosmetics in Los Angeles, CA
The Benefits of Dental Cosmetics
Many people yearn for a more attractive smile. Correcting damaged teeth, bite straightening, and teeth whitening are a few of the many solutions people can use to improve their smile. These treatments can give people the confidence they need to smile bigger and more often. A 2017 study found that various dental disorders like malocclusion, anterior traumatic tooth, tooth loss, and untreated decay profoundly affected adolescents’ appearance and psychosocial behavior, thus affecting their self-esteem. Dental cosmetics may have positive psychological effects, as some patients have reported improved self-esteem after receiving treatment.
Dental cosmetics can have other benefits by offering solutions to improve a patient’s aesthetic appearance. Some procedures can fix aesthetic issues like crooked, damaged, or diseased teeth. In some cases, dental cosmetics can also improve facial appearance and structure. Although the primary focus of dental cosmetics is improving appearance, specific procedures can also improve health and function. For example, implants are a common way to address the difficulties of missing teeth. Bonding and crowns can fix the appearance of a chipped tooth and alleviate the resulting discomfort.
“Dental cosmetics can have other benefits by offering solutions to improve a patient’s aesthetic appearance.”
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. How can cosmetic dentistry restore teeth?
Q. What are some examples of purely cosmetic procedures?
Q. What are the benefits of dental cosmetics?
People Also Ask
Q. What are the benefits of composite fillings?
Q. What are dental care routines for cosmetic treatments?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many visits do I need to schedule to receive dental cosmetics?
A. The number of visits will depend on the type of procedure and the patient. Some patients can achieve their goals through a few visits, while others require more. Ask questions during the consultation to find out how many visits your treatment plan will entail.
Q. Is cosmetic dentistry permanent?
A. Some cosmetic dentistry treatments will last longer than others. For example, teeth whitening is not permanent, and patients will eventually need to receive additional treatments. Many dental cosmetic procedures can last decades or even a lifetime with proper care and maintenance, like dental restorations.
Q. Can I get cavities with dental veneers?
A. The veneer itself will not decay. However, the natural parts of your teeth still can. Veneers do not increase or decrease your likelihood of getting cavities as long as they are properly cleaned and maintained.
Q. Will my dental cosmetics stain?
A. The risk of staining will depend on the kind of dental cosmetics received. While the porcelain in veneers is not likely to stain, bleached teeth can stain easily from certain foods and drinks. It is important to follow care instructions and schedule regular exams and cleanings with a dentist to maintain your treatment.
Q. Can tooth whitening damage enamel?
A. Tooth whitening does not damage the enamel or any other part of the mouth permanently when done correctly. Enamel is considered the hardest tissue in the body. This treatment can cause temporary tooth sensitivity.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
Schedule an Appointment
If you want to improve the appearance of your teeth, dental cosmetics may be for you. Our team is here to help you love your smile. Call (323) 621-3100 to schedule an appointment at Eagle Rock Family Dentistry.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2022
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2022
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2022
About our business and website security
- Eagle Rock Family Dentistry was established in 1978.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Glendale, Pasadena, Eagle Rock, Highland Park, Echo Park, Cypress Park, and Glassell Park
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Dental Cosmetics
4 Reasons Why You Should Visit A Cosmetic Dentist
If you are not happy with your smile the way it currently looks, you should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist. Contemporary cosmetic dentistry focuses on enhancing the appearance of your gums, mouth, teeth, and complete smile. The multi-billion dollar industry is steadily growing in popularity as more people seek to gain confidence in their smiles.There…
How Dental Veneers Can Strengthen Your Teeth
Dental veneers are popular cosmetic dental solutions. The main goal of this treatment is to improve the appearance of teeth. These are quick dental restorations with dramatic results. Dental veneers can also improve the structural integrity of your teeth. If you want to know how this happens, here are the details.Dental damage is common. Cracking…
What To Expect During A Dental Bridge Procedure
Dental bridges are one of the top solutions to get back your smile after losing one or multiple teeth. Patients everywhere need tooth replacement due to a variety of reasons. Seeing your dentist regularly is the most effective way to prevent the loss of teeth. Your oral hygiene should be a number one priority in your…
4 Things To Consider About Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is ideal for patients who want a non-invasive and less permanent solution (compared to veneers) to improve their smile. Dental bonding can fix a range of cosmetic issues, including teeth stains, damaged teeth, and short teeth. This guide provides you with the information that you need to decide if dental bonding is right…